Sunday, May 25, 2008

It's not every day...

...you have a $150 breakfast!


Of course, it's not everyday that you have breakfast on the ice rink of Rockefeller Center. Read on!

This morning we drove into Manhattan to Nintendo World to try and pick up Wii Fit. This is a "game" for the Nintento Wii that comes with a pad that enables you to do exercises and it tracks your progress over time. It's hard to explain, go here to find out more.

Anyways, we drive in, park at Rockefeller Center, and there's a line literally wrapping around the block for Nintendo World:


Clearly they weren't going to have any left by the time the queue was empty. So I'm going in with Damion and Miles at 6:30am tomorrow (a father's love knows no bounds!) to wait in line for 3 hours hoping to snag one. Of course, then there's my friend Jay who apparently had no issues buying one in Portland.

Having struck out on Wii Fit, we decided to make the best of it -- have breakfast at Rock Center.

Where the ice rink normally is, they have tables and turn it into a restaurant, the Rock Center Cafe. I've been by this a million times because I normally meet my boss in the city at the Terrace Club, a private club he belongs to just across the street. So we went on down, and were greeted with the most ridiculous childrens menu I have EVER seen:


Filet Mignon?!?!!?!? And this was the Brunch menu!! I fear for what I would have seen on the children's dinner menu!

We had a lovely brunch though:





The sun was shining (I actually got sunburned today from sitting in the sun here), people seemed to be in an exceptionally good mood (probably due to the phenomenal weather), and it made you want to walk fifth avenue with the millions of other folks having a great morning.


We came home and dorked around the house for a while. Kristal and I rearranged our bedroom. The boys painted:





And Damion is learning the guitar:



We're making the best of this holiday weekend. What is everybody else up to this weekend? Post in the comments!

Andrew and Fam

5 comments:

betsy said...

watching the new indy! da da da daaa da da daaa...that's the theme song that is now permanently branded into my brain. much fun, though. i did miss the nazis, though...there's no other villain quite like them...

tomorrow...bbq!!!

Kristal said...

Man Bets! Thats some fast commenting!
The boys are freaking out over Indiana Jones. We just recently watched all the old ones. I guess we'll have to go see the new one soon. do you think it will be good for the kids?
We miss having a bbq so readily available!

Unknown said...

When I have a $25.00 breakfast tab, I bitch about it all day ...

Dad

killboredom said...

When you guys roll five bloody marry's a piece, it's easy to hit that kind of tab ;)

If anything, I'd say you got out on the cheap!

Andrew said...

What?!?! Chad finally posted a comment??? I suspected he read the blog, now we have confirmation.

Jay? Tom? ;-)