Thursday, August 14, 2008

Kristal can post blogs also??!!

Andrew has been bugging me to post on this blog almost as long as I've been bugging him to remember to update!
With summer coming to a close the kids and I are rushing to get to all the things we had planned done. One of those being to visit all the aquariums and zoos in the New York area. As you see from Andrews last post we hit the Bronx Zoo last weekend and earlier in the summer the boys and I went to the Central Park Zoo. Today it was the Prospect Park Zoo in Brooklyn!
I had been to Prospect Park once before with my Mom and Kebra to visit the Botanical Gardens. The Zoo is just right across the entrance to the Botanical Gardens and very close to the subway stop. If only I had remembered that this morning! Damion, Miles, and I spent a good half hour walking through the park in heat and humidity only to end up back where we started and nearly at the entrance to the zoo.
Prospect Park Zoo was a lot like the Central Park Zoo. Very small but nice and clean and a good place to walk around for an hour or so.

Here are the boys standing in front of a big tree on our trek to find the zoo.



We also walked by the duck pond and found it covered in a green slime.



Only to find out it wasn't slime at all but a huge plant that grows over the entire pond. It's duckweed!



And finally we made it to the zoo.
At the entrance there are huge metal sculptures of animals. The kids took these next few photos.
This is an octopus in front of the entrance that Miles photographed.

And Damion took this photo of me and Miles in front of a frog getting eaten by a snake!
(You'll notice we are carrying umbrellas in nearly every picture. We came prepared for the rain that was predicted all day and of course other than sweat we were dry as a bone the entire time!)


The first exhibit we came to were the prairie dogs. They were not there but I spied wacky looking creatures in the bubble.



Miles went back into the bubble and took this picture of me and Damion standing outside of the exhibit shielding ourselves from the blazing hot sun.


Here is Damion looking exceptionally handsome watching the turtles.


Next we went onto have a little snack and watch the sea lion.

It took Miles forever to get a picture of the sea lions head out of the water. He was very patient though and ended up getting his shot.



There were of course other animals that we saw and between Damion and Miles we did get pictures of nearly every one but I will spare you for now.
Next up is the Queens Zoo!!

The End.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Great post honey!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and we definitely need to go back together. It was great meeting you guys after the zoo for lunch and traveling the subways home together! xoxo

joycelyn said...

monkey butt!
Yeah for Kristal posting :-)
I"m still waiting to find out what type of shoes you bought on your trip to CA.
YAHOO for St. Thomas, I hope you two have a blast
JWW

Kristal said...

Joycelyn-
I keep meaning to tell you about the shoes. They are Indigo by Clarks.
http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/34346438/c/920.html
They are the most comfortable pair I heels I've ever worn!
Andrew is calling the Ritz-Carlton now to see if he can get us a deal!
I'm so excited.