Sunday, January 6, 2008

Our goal today was to more or less finalize the house -- unpacking, settling in, cleaning, etc. We more or less accomplished our goal: we got bills paid, accounts balanced, cardboard taken down to recycling, counters cleaned off, trash taken down, boxes unpacked, and laundry done. This was all before lunch. We then left to go to lunch and get some shopping done. We went to Chili's in downtown Jersey City, and par for the course, ate way too much. We then went to Linen's and Things, and par for the course, spent way too much. :-)

On our way home, we decided to take a detour to a place surprisingly accessible to us -- actually it's about ten minutes away. Get Ready For It...Liberty State Park! No really -- it's more exciting than it sounds. This is where the ferry docks to take you to the Statue of Liberty, and they have a ton of grounds accessible behind the statue where you can take walks along the river, have different view points along the way, etc.

I'm almost surprised to say, but even from our vantage point, the Statue of Liberty is AWESOME. It's incredible not only because it's as big as I would have imagined, but honestly, the sheer power of seeing it nearly gives you goose bumps. It really is an incredible sight.

Before we get to the pics of Lady Liberty, we must start with one:


Kristal has habitually (obsessively?) taken pictures of me driving since we first met. Literally, for ten years I've been getting my picture taken from the passengers seat. As we tour around the east coast for the next little while, I undoubtedly will get my picture taken time after time, and while I'm sure it's nothing I necessarily need to share, it's something that is a fact of Lance Driving. And since it's a necessary thing for me to get my picture taken while we're driving on trips, it will undoubtedly become a necessary thing for me to post on this blog. Yay.

Ok, enough suspence. Here are the pics!





4 comments:

Laurie Jones Neighbors said...

Um, when did Kristal and Kebra turn into CLONES? :o)

xo!

Kristal said...

I can't believe how much we look alike in that picture. I've never seen the resemblance before!

joycelyn said...

You have never seen the resemblance before! Are you nutso!
that photo does bring it out QUITE a lot though.
I wanna come to Jersey and hang out looking at lady liberty.
How cool is that????
joycelyn

Anonymous said...

Are you turning patriotic or what?!?! What an awesome sight. You will have to take me there. You ladies always looked alike. The pix of you two is darling. Brings tears to a Mom's eyes. How fun you guys are having. Mom