Monday, January 21, 2008

Museum of Natural History, Manhattan

Kristal took the boys to the Museum of Natural History today in Manhattan. It was their first jaunt to the city without me. I had to stick around and work.

Here are some pics. Since I wasn't there, I can't comment on most of them, but there's some color commentary here and there:











A woolly Mammoth:




By the end of the day, the boys were exhausted, the subway ride home was too much for them!



Weather.com has a "feels like" temperature that factors in wind chill. It "felt like" 6 degrees outside this morning when I went to the train and the gang were headed out. Thanks to Bets for the warm hats for the boys! Kristal told me that the boys got TONS of attention for their cool Korean hats, people asking where they got them, wanting to look at them. One lady even wanted to take a picture of them!!

We were all sick last weekend, thus no post cuz we didn't do anything, and this week is shaping up to be another really busy week for me. Tomorrow I go to Greenwich, CT for the afternoon to visit a hedge fund, then have a meeting in Mahwah, NJ (north almost to the border of New York / Jersey) on Wednesday morning, followed by a hedge fun in Manhattan in the afternoon, a call with the CEO and lead architect for a partnership deal we're working on, then have a web demo with a company we work with based in Portland but with a Manhattan office. Thursday is in the city, and Friday is back out to Warren, NJ.

Definitely getting my fair share of train rides this week! I'll try and take the camera on some of my travels this week and post if I can.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

We can't wait to see you guys! Those hats are too cute. Tell the boys to continue practicing Guitar Hero, because Chad and I are ready to battle!

LOVE YOU!

betsy said...

glad the hats worked out for the boys, and they're soo warm too! maybe i should have gotten one for pete since the ladies seem to be drawn to them...hehe. or maybe we should start importing them....

anyways, good for you guys to be doing so much awesome stuff in the city! you'll be old pros by the time i get out there...excellent.