Saturday, December 22, 2007

Northern Idaho is actually great





Today we trekked from Tacoma, WA to Bozeman, MT. Along Interstate 90, this took us through Seattle, Spokane, Cor D'alene, Kellogg, Missoula, Butte, then finally Bozeman.

Kristal and I agreed, of all the time we spent in Boise, ID (i.e. Hell), we really should have come up to Cor D'alene and Kellogg during December -- it was a beautiful drive! This illustrates is sort of:


Both Cor D'alene and Kellogg were quaint little towns that would be fun to spend a weekend in.

And I have to admit, Montana is really cool. Who would have guessed? Missoula was spectacular, and looked like a nice town to walk around in, the scenery is great and made for a semi-interesting drive, and Bozeman is actually a cool place. We're staying in a hotel we were actually making fun of from the freeway when we saw a billboard for it -- the C'Mon Inn. LOL Anyways, we priced a Residence Inn that wanted a $100 fee to keep a cat in the room over night (screw that), so we came over to here, and I swear, the friendliest person in the world checked us in. She actually sounded apologetic when she told me all she could offer me was a 10% discount on the room!

So we're here tonight. The plan is to hit Mount Rushmore tomorrow afternoon on our way through South Dakota.


2 comments:

Shar said...

Thank you!! This is a wonderful idea. I don't actually mean moving to NYC. Anyway. I love it, so keep the adventures coming. What's up with the beard. You are going to be Santa by the time you hit the Eastern Seaboard. Enjoy Rushmore, I am envious! Bye. Mom

joycelyn said...

misoula is GREAT, people call it the portland of Montana (or at least my brother jeremy does!!)
I hope your boys adore mt rushmore, It is BEST viewed on a clear night I think but whenever you can see it is great! Can't wait to hear about the next leg of the trip.
jww